— Lewis Hamilton revealed that an unresolved technical issue has been slowing him down across the first three races of his Ferrari career, costing him over a tenth per lap. After finishing seventh at Suzuka, he expressed hope that upcoming updates would bring parity with top rivals.
“I think I did my best today, but in general it lacks performance compared to all the cars that precede me, in particular Mercedes and McLaren and obviously Red Bull.”
“We found something on the car that didn’t work in the last three races. So I really hope that once the problem is fixed I will start to get better results.”
“I’m losing a little more than a tenth per lape because of this problem so I hope it will be solved in the next races.”
“The team is aware of the problem, even if they don’t know what it depends on but, as I said, when the updates arrive we hope there will be no more and that we will return on par with the other cars.”
— Ferrari is reportedly investigating if the issue stems from ride height limitations, with updates such as a new floor potentially arriving in Bahrain.
— Despite the problem, Hamilton said his performance at Suzuka was solid under the circumstances.
“Considering what I had, I am relatively satisfied with the pace of the race, and otherwise the team’s performance was good.”
“I think Riccardo and I have done a great job, as well as the engineers and mechanics.”
“It was a rather lonely race, and I really didn’t have anyone around me.”
“The start was good considering that I was the only one with hard tires and I had to struggle to warm them up in the first laps and stay with all the other drivers who had the averages.”
“I lengthened the stint as much as I could, but in general we didn’t have the rhythm.”
— Hamilton believes Ferrari is currently trailing the top three teams.
“It seems that at the moment we are third or fourth, with Red Bull, McLaren and Mercedes and then us. We have some improvements to make.”
#lewishamilton #scuderiaferrari

VIA: [formulapassion]
< >


